Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pete the Cat!

not a fan of cats
but I am a fan of 
Pete the Cat books!
A must read!
I am also super excited to go to a training next weekend and hear
the author of Pete the Cat speak!!!
Today we read
Pete the Cat
I love my white shoes
GREAT BOOK!!!


We then made our own colorful foot prints!
While singing I love my  ____ shoes!

We had 3 stations
-the paint station
the paint hasn't been set out yet (no one is to be trusted)

-the walking station

-the foot washing station


The kiddos LOVED this activity!

standing in a warm bucket of bubbles is also super fun!!

it was a little tricky to walk with slippery feet, but thankfully no one fell!


it was a little extra work but the giggles, the singing, was well worth it!
and I love when on their own they say things like
"hey we are like Pete!
or "look at my red shoes!"
and, "can we do it again!"
also, "pete had colorful shoes and we are also pretending to have colorful shoes!"

-parents, your kids feet may need a bath tonight!-

Linking up with a Story + Art = A GREAT START

5 comments:

  1. What a fun project!! The book looks cute too, I will have to check it out.

    Thank you for linking up to stART :)

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! that looks like so much fun! Great activity to go along with your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun activity! I hadn't heard of Pete the cat books. We'll have to check them out. I have a feeling my girly would love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they sing a song as they were walking along? We adore Pete the Cat. What a fun activity.

    ReplyDelete