Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mitten

It is COLD!!!!!!!!!!
Winter has finally arrived 
which is great, because on my schedule 
today was mitten decorating, and I just have
not been in a winter kind of mood.
But now I am!

What you Need:
Contact paper
mitten cut out from construction paper
tissue paper
scissors
tape

Have the children cut up some tissue paper
i had to cut up a lot of it since kids were so into doing it!

I have done this activity before with Ornaments  Apples and leaves
and I always gave them a piece of contact paper and then they would crinkle it or get it stuck to someone else paper and drop it on the floor, lots of drama!
So I decided to tape them to the wall (sticky part out!) stick a mitten on and let the kids fill in the mitten!
This was a HIT!!!  

here are two that i stuck on the window, and the little guys sticking on the tissue paper!
They caught on right away after they watched me stick a piece on!  
Of course seeing "babies" learning during project time, melts my heart!

They kept so busy!  




they were bummed were the tissue paper was gone and the mittens were filled!

We will definitely be doing this type of project again...

Here are our final products!


what types of things do you like to do with contact paper??

Linking up with Mingle with Us
Also Linking this up with TGIF Linky Party #12

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Those mittens are GREAT! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so precious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mittens are way cute!! I love how they turned out. Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I love contact paper for crafting. I featured this in my Fave Five Friday today :)

    http://his4homeschooling.blogspot.com/2012/03/fave-five-friday-all-things-mittens.html

    ReplyDelete