Thursday, December 1, 2011

Confetti Names

Before Thanksgiving Break we did these fun confetti names. They turned out pretty cool!  I first saw the idea of a long piece of paper that they wrote the word THANKFUL on it in glue and then crushed up leaves.  I decided to skip the crushed up leaves part and then I also decided to do their names instead of the word THANKFUL.  I wish I could get credit to where credit is due but I only saw a picture and a brief description of the craft so I don't know where it came from.

Here is what you will need:

pieces of paper all cut up, a pen/pencil, and glue

paper, with whatever word you want to put on it! I choose to put the names of my babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.

I carefully wrote each letter of the child's name. 
The older children traced their own names with the glue bottle, while I did the younger kids names. 
Then the kids carefully poured the confetti all over their paper
and we shook it off! 
The projects turned out super cool!!


This would be a fun project to do for all different seasons or just because!  Cutting up seasonal colors, and writing different words the children are talking about or learning about! 
We will defintly be doing this project again in another way! 
What kid doesn't like to dump confetti all over the place!

1 comment:

  1. I do a "cutting table" in my discovery table every December with wrapping paper scraps, colorful copy paper scraps, curling ribbon, etc. They just cut away as long as their attention lasts, then they move on. By the end of the season there is a big pile of little pieces of confetti. Last year I threw it away (in the paper recycling bin) because I didn't have anything to do with it, but I think I'll save it this time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete