Thursday, March 8, 2012

ROOOAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!

in like a lion and out like a lamb
i don't think this saying applies to 
south dakota
but we still made a lion today!

I got some of the idea from HERE! one of my most favorite teaching blogs!

even though my idea started from the blog above
we had to turn it into our own 
but doing a few things different!

Here is what you will need:
Brown Triangle
red, orange, yellow, brown paint
tooth brushes
spiral noodles
glue

we first glued the triangle to a white piece of paper

then we "brused" the lions hair on!
The tooth brush was a new tool for must of the kiddos
but they picked up on the brushing pretty quickly!!!

more brushing!

an annoyed child
-the story of his life lately!-
we also glued on the noodles and some eyes and made a mouth with the left over brown paint!
and then here you have our lions!!!

i love the way they turned out!
these kids are soooo talented!

I was reminded to do my lion craft from this new blogger!
Also linking this project up with Mingle with Us!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your idea for this blog! I'm a mom of an 18 month old and this is a great resource for me. I'm stopping by from Joy in the Jumble blog hop. I'm your newest follower and would love a follow back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cute! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete