Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Thankful Turkey

About the 2nd week of November I decided that we needed to start talking about what we are thankful for!  So I decided to make "The Thankful Turkey"
The Turkey had no "feathers" when we started at each day or whenever the kids asked we would add more
 "thankful feathers" to the turkey!
It was a great activity for all the ages to talk about what being thankful was and all the different things we are thankful for.  We had everything from being thankful for God, to being thankful for their my little ponies!
Here are some photos of our "Thankful Turkey" and some of our "thankful feathers"








This was the highlight of my day these past weeks, I loved hearing from the kids and what they were thankful for!  I loved listening to the "little" kids really think and answer the question!
My favorite was a little guy that is OBSSESSED with his grandpa and his cows!  So the very first time we did this, I asked him what he was thankful for, no answer, so I replied what makes you so HAPPY and thankful!  He answered "The moo cows in granpas pasture!"  Seriously these kids make my day!!

Linking up with Show and Tell #77

What are you Thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, this is precious!!! I want to do this with my babies when I have some!!

    ReplyDelete