Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Musical Painting

First I have to say:
What you are about to read is a MUST!!!

If you have never tried this or done it
PLEASE PLEASE DO!!
What you need:
A vareity of painting/writing stations
Music (we used "chillout music")
Set up your stations

I had 4 stations
-easel
-dot paint
-writing activity UNER the table
(taped paper to the underneath of the table)
-finger painting

Play some music, when the music stops the kids switch stations!
I tried to monitor to make sure they were done or very close to done before I stopped the music!

EASEL PAINTING

FINGER PAINTING

UNDER THE TABLE WRITING ACTIVITY
(A MUST DO!!!)

DOT ART

SERIOUSLY best activity EVER!!!
there was something so amazing during this project I can't even explain it very well!
Kids were painting by the way the music was playing!
I had beautiful pictures from calm queit music!
I had WILD pictures from a more African upbeat song
I had Messy pictures from music that was all over the place!
EVERY PICTURE WAS PERFECT!
IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!
I will be doing this more often and HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend doing (did i mention you NEED to do this) this with a large group, small group, or just play different types of music with your child at home when doing some painting or drawing!

Here are a few more photos from our fantastic project time!




Alrighty! 
Hope everyone had an AWESOME tuesday!
I know we did!!!

Linking this post up with Show and Tell #87
this is a GREAT blog!  Make sure to check it out!!!



2 comments:

  1. This is great! I am definitely going to put this on my agenda! I am your newest follower and am excited to check out what other great activities you do with kids! I run an in-home daycare and am always looking for some great ideas to do/teach the kids! Check out my blog for some of the fun things we have been doing lately!

    Also, I would love for you to go link this up at our very first Linky Party: Naturally-Nifty Linky Party #1!!

    http://natural-nester.blogspot.com/2012/02/naturally-nifty-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun!! I am even wishing I was at your daycare today :)

    ReplyDelete